Monday, October 27, 2008

Gallery?


I did not have the money to go to a gallery. But I went and saw Camille Utterback , and I didn't even realize Beth said this would count, I had already planned to see her. Camille is a pioneering artist and programmer in the field of interactive installation. She literally gives New Media a whole new voice. She specializes in interactive art. Though I did not go to a gallery perse, the work she showed us had been in a gallery. And right now in The Milwaukee Art Museum, which if I can get the money I would love to go.

Camille's artwork makes you take a step back and really ponder the possibilities of what one can create as art. She is very interested in how we as humans interact with her work and other interactive art works. People come up with all different ways to interact with her work whether it is by them self, with each other or even with strangers. All of her work can be found online at






One of my favorites is called text rain. It involves text falling from the top of the screen. When a user steps into a certain area the text falls on the outline of there body. They can move there arms or other parts of there body to catch the text and hold it there or even hit it back up to the top. As the text collect on a part of the boy it begins to spell out words and sentences. All the the letters that are falling down are actually pieces of a poem. I would really encourage every one to look at the work she has done!

1 comment:

spyroterra said...

I really feel like you made a lot of progress this semester, but I wish you had posted more about it. You are a very creative person but I think you are still looking for your niche. Can you post about your matrices? Also, what about the pics and videos of the buzz cut?